PHONE: +58 212-2839444
Rafael Ortín joined Bolet & Terrero as a partner in 2021, having founded MHOV Abogados as partner in 2006 and where he worked until 2021. Since 1993 Rafael has focused his practice on industrial property, founding the National Copyright Directorate of Venezuela (1994-1995), and later was in charge of the intellectual property & entertainment department of multinational Grupo Cisneros (1998-2006), before founding IP boutique MHOV Abogados. In 28 years of professional practice, Rafael has worked with national and multinational businesses and corporations particularly in the telecommunications, sports and entertainment, retail, and tech industries among others, advising on the protection, defense, and exploitation of their intangible assets. He also regularly draws on his professional expertise in IP to teach at university and provide consulting through various national and international bodies.
In relation to Rafael Ortin, the legal rankings publication Chambers & Partners in its latest edition writes: “A well-regarded practitioner Rafael Ortin continues to receive accolades from interviewees for his practice in this arena. A source remarks on his «excellent» work, while a market commentator states that «he is highly respected in copyright». He is also active counselling on trademarks and other issues concerning entertainment law.
- Lawyer, Universidad Católica Andres Bello, Venezuela (1993).
- Master’s Degree in Intellectual Property, University of Alicante, Spain (1997).
- Fellow of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Fellow.
- Federal District Bar Association (1993).
- Intellectual Property Agent (1995).
Memberships & Affiliations
- Copyright and related rights.
- Antitrust and unfair competition.
- New technologies.
- Legal marketing.
- Image and publicity rights.
- Entertainment law.
- Technology and knowledge transfer.
- Data protection.
- Advising on business models for exploiting IP rights.
- Corporate IP.
- Food & Drinks.