PHONE: +58 212-2839444 ext. 103
Manuel Polanco joined the firm as an associate in 1996 and after a year took on the role of managing associate. He was made partner of the firm in 1999, and since 2000 he has been the managing partner. Before joining the firm, he was a partner at general private practice firm Polanco, Asuaje and Marmol between 1990 and 1994. Between 1995 and 1998, he lectured on Politics and Legal Frameworks at the Universidad Metropolitana de Caracas.
At Bolet & Terrero, Manuel’s leadership has been characterized by modernization, both in terms of updating the firm’s systems and processes as well as raising the academic and professional standards of its employees. He has trained in negotiation at Harvard Law School, and has attended Management for Lawyers courses at the University of Yale. He has an interest in theology. He has been the Venezuelan delegate before the Administrative Council of ASIPI (whose conferences he has attended since 1993), and president of the Venezuelan Group of AIPPI (whose events he has attended since 1995). Since 2010 he has been an honorary consul of the Slovak Republic in Caracas.
- Attorney at Law, Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, Venezuela (1981).
- LLM, Georgetown University, USA (1983).
- PhD (TP), Universidad Central de Venezuela (1989).
- Advanced Studies in Theology, ITER, Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, Venezuela (2008).
- Judge at the Ethics Court of ASIPI.
- Federal District Bar Association (1981).
- Intellectual Property Agent (1995).
Memberships & Affiliations
- Anti-counterfeit actions.
- Oil & Energy.
- Consumer goods.
- Life Sciences.